I just realised. Yesterday I wore a face full of favourites. It’s my simple daily look with a pink base so I felt oh-so-pretty! It’s a fresh, Monday morning pick-me-up look but I’d love it any day.
No proper pictures of my face (the commuter/outdoor selfies were awkward) but you can get an idea from my Instagram page (@tashasface).
On to the kit:
- Iman Luxury Radiance Liquid Makeup in Clay 1 applied with my Black|Up contouring sponge (a new favourite tool) all over my face, under my eyes and on the lids
- YSL Touch Eclat in shade 5 under the brows using the incorporated pen and blended with my Real Techniques detailer brush (can’t live without this brush)
- Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Mahogany for my brows applied with the angled brush end of my Bella Pierre dual brush
- Lancôme Artliner in black
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara in black
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar – all colours applied using my Real Technique blush brush
- Bobbi Brown blush in Desert Pink 18 using the same brush
I should really review these properly but in a nutshell, here’s why I love them all:
The Iman foundation gives me the perfect glow and customisable coverage and is so easy to apply. It’s an oil free formula too which I need for my combination skin.
The Black|Up contouring sponge is a new favourite – I usually use a brush but the sponge gives surprisingly quick and even application. I first tried the sponge live on Periscope and reviewed it here.
Touch Eclat is a must-have for good reason- you can precision highlight anywhere and I’ve been using it since before contouring became popular. Truly innovative and even better when applied with the Real Techniques detailer brush which is perfect for highlighting the Cupids Bow, under brows and tidying up mistakes.
The Artliner is the easy way to apply a precise liquid line. I’m not very good with eyeliner but I can get a very thin line with this.
I wasn’t sure about the Bella Pierre brush at first but now I use it all the time. The angled brush is very flat so I get maximum control when doing my brows.
As you can see I’m a fan of Bobbi Brown. The Shimmer Brick is a product everyone should have! It’s pricey but lasts a long time. It adds a flush of colour and highlight in one and again, I’ve been using this since contouring/strobing came into fashion. It’s always been about the highlight! I colour pop with the matte blush for pretty rosy cheeks. Desert Rose is the perfect pink (for me). It’s so natural.
The Real Techniques blush brush is designed in such a way that even heavy-handed me can get natural results.
Bobbi Brown’s eyeshadow in Mahogany is the perfect grey-brown to define my brows. That is the benchmark for when I am trying other products or deciding whether a shade in a palette will work, for example, when on holiday so have to pack the minimum. It’s also a brilliant eyeliner if I want an alternative to black. It lasts all day without brown gel.
Finally the Smokey Eye mascara. I’ve never used anything like it and now I’m hooked. My full review is here.
Are any of these your favourites too? Comment below, I’d love to know!