I’ve posted my first video where I have created a bridal/wedding look. The overall inspiration is a traditional English church wedding set in the country side. You know those idyllic churches set in the middle of nowhere? That’s what I’m talking about!
To me, the English Rose look is centred around a gorgeous, soft, dusky pink which I chose to put on my cheeks and lips with a nod to pink on my eyes. Skin has to be dewy and fresh and the cheeks have to have a natural flush.
In the video, the eyes are a golden pink-brown smokey eye. The gold is lovely and warm for a warm complexion on a spring, summer or autumn day. The pink ties together the rest of the face. The brown is for daytime definition and smoke as black would be too much. The aim is to look fresh-faced – the traditional blushing bride look. Pink is very pretty and flatters most people.
I need to define my eyes or they get lost in pictures so I went for black eyeliner. To give the impression of longer lashes and elongated eyes I did a little flick on the upper lash line. I used MAC lash 34 which is a mixture of brown and black lashes and they are longer at the outer edges. They look surprisingly natural in photos which is why I always reach for them on special occasions.
Check out the video and give me a thumbs up…please! I’d love to know what you think!
- Micellar wipesBenefit stay don’t stray – medium/deep
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo – 24K Gold (Teeez brush)
- Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland – Dormouse (Teeez brush)
- MAC veluxe pearl eyeshadow – Expensive Pink (Real Techniques 200 brush)
- MAC matte eyeshadow – Swiss Chocolate (MAC 239 brush)
- Blended with Real Techniques 200 brush
- MAC matte eyeshadow – Embark (MAC 219 brush)
- Blended with Real Techniques 201 brush
- Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland – Kingdom (Real Techniques duo fiber base shadow brush)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner – Black Ink (MAC 209 brush)
- Benefit they’re real tinted lash primer
- MAC lash 34
- Benefit they’re real mascara – black
- Bobbi Brown eyeshadow – Mahogany (Bella Pierre Dual brush, angled liner)
- Eyeko Brow Gel
- Givenchy Mister Light – shade 5 (Real Techniques detailer brush)
- Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl- Superblack