Stylist is a weekly magazine covering everything the discerning woman would want to know from fashion and beauty to interior design and real-life.
As always my main interest was the beauty offerings. The first thing I saw was the huge Nars stand at the front. Thanks to me spending my whole beauty budget for the month at Olympia Beauty, I just had to walk on by! Benefit was also there offering permanent products plus the Christmas gift sets.
The highlight of my day though was the Pixiwoos talk. Sam and Nic were interviewed by Joanna McGarry (Associate Editor of Stylist) and they were so lovely and entertaining. Not deliberately entertaining, just if you didn’t know they were sisters, you would have figured it out! It was great to find out how they stared their YouTube channel in their words.
Next Sam showed us how to do a brown smokey eye and then darkened it for dramatic effect. Here are the tips I will be trying:
- Start with a light colour on the inner corner of they eyelid.
- Use a small brush to apply the dark shade, starting at the lash line and blending upwards because if you start at the crease, this is where the greatest intensity will be which is not what you want.
- Line the upper lash line with gel eyeliner.
- Line the lower waterline with a dark colour if you have big colours or a nude or golden colour if you have small eyes.
- Use a small brush to line the lower lash line.
- Clean up the under-eye area with a fluffy brush.
- Conceal dark circles.
- Put bronzer on the socket bone.
- Use lots of mascara!
I will also be trying her red lipstick advice- to line the whole lip in red lip liner then when it comes to the lipstick, don’t take it all the way to the edge. I always struggle with red lipstick. Maybe this will end the struggle!
In the afternoon I attended a talk on how to become a beauty editor by Joanna McGarry. I’d always wondered so now I have my answer – a passion for writing, a knowledge of beauty in the context of the rest of life and sheer hard work, often unpaid.
So you can see there was enough beauty to keep me happy plus so much more. Here are some more photos as a taste of what you can enjoy:
I look forward to next year! Did you make it?