You might have seen my little ramble on Periscope as to what make-up I should wear to my MAC masterclass with Make Up London Academy.
Really, I shouldn’t have worn any make-up because I had to take it all off anyway (along with all the dirt of London). The thing is, when I am preparing to enter an environment where I will be meeting new people, I like to put my best face forward, as first impressions really do count. I thought that I was going to be surrounded by people with a full face on but I was very wrong. Most people just wore a little mascara. I felt quite overdressed!
Regardless of what everyone else was wearing, I was feeling confident with my “almost natural with a pop of violet” look. Here’s how I did it:
- I concealed my dark circles using Benefit Boi-ing in shade 4 and my Bobbi Brown cream blending brush.
- I used my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply my No7 Instant Radiance Foundation in Deeply Honey.
- I lined my top lash line using Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink and my MAC 209 brush and I lined the lower lashline using my Givenchy Color Kajal in shade 3.
- I finished my eyes with one coat of Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume mascara on the top lashes only.
- To combat oily skin I dabbed some Bobbi Brown powder foundation in Golden 6 using the included sponge (the foundation I used is no longer available) on my t-zone.
- To shape my brows I used L’Oreal Brow Artist Shaper pencil in 04 Dark Brunette even though I find it really difficult to define my brows using a pencil!
- I dabbed a little Model Co Crème Rouge in Just Peachy on to the apples of my cheeks and blended out along my cheek bones using my Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge.
- I then applied Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in shade 4, Viens si tu roses.
- To finish, I set my make-up with Kiko Face Make Up Fixer.