Since the L’Oreal Shocking Les Ombres Color Riche Eyeshadow Quad in Disco Smoking came out I’ve always wanted it but couldn’t figure out what to do with it. Then I saw Naomi Campbell on The Face USA wearing amazing purple and yellow eyes and this was my perfect excuse to try it. I attempted the purple and yellow eyes here.
I have discovered that on the back of the palette, it tells you how to use it. I should have turned it over ages ago because I really need the help! For this look I followed the colour placement as instructed using the following tools:
- Ruby & Millie Eyeshadow Brush for colour 4 (yellow)
- Ruby & Millie Eyeshadow Brush for colours 3 (pink-purple) and 2 (violet-purple) – one side of the brush for each colour
- MAC brush 219 for colour 1 (black)
- No7 eyeshadow brush to blend all of the colours.
I found that the best way to do this was not to apply the colours in number order but to do it in this order:
- Colour 3 (pink-purple) all over the lid.
- Colour 2 (violet-purple) from the inner corner and crease to the brow and up to just before the highest part of the arch.
- Colour 4 (yellow) from the highest part of the arch to the outer corner and to the socket.
- Colour 1 (black) along the top lash line.
I really like these colours- they’re so pretty and the shimmer is just enough to make the eyes stand out, but it’s not a dramatic glitter looking shimmer. The colours go on well – darker than a wash but not too bold so if you want a dramatic look, simply layer the colours.
I’ll state the obvious – they are bruise colours but in a strange way this works! I think the key is to blend, blend, blend! I’m quite impressed with this, and the instructions, so I’ll probably buy some more colours. Also, I’ve already got a few more ideas in my head as to what to do with this palette so I’m am very pleased I finally bought it.
The other products I used were:
- Clinique All About Eyes concealer in Deep Honey applied with my Bobbi Brown cream blending brush and then blended into the skin using my finger.
- Kiko Make Up Milano Eye Base Primer – essential for a look like this, applied with my fingers
- Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Mahogany and the angled liner on my Bella Pierre dual brush for my brows.
- Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Flared mascara in Very Black