Sorry I could not get this to you before New Year’s Eve but red lips will never date! Also, Happy New Year!
I seldom wear red lips, which is why most of my red lip products are no longer available! This post is so you can see the different ways I have tried red lips.
Red lips are high maintenance and quite bold – I don’t always feel confident enough to wear red. As a result, my steps towards red lips were a little random.
For me, red lips are definitely a party colour and here’s how they look on me.
No7 Perfect Lips Pencil in 15 Fire – it’s amazingly red and feel smooth enough to wear on its own over balm.
No7 Perfect Lips Pencil in 15 Fire with Bourjois Effet 3D Gloss in 18 Transparent. This gloss has a permanent place in my collection.
Seventeen Ultimate Volume Gloss in Dainty Indigo Pansy Kiss – without lipliner but I prefer it with lip liner as I think bold looks best.
No7 Perfect Lips Pencil in 15 Fire with Seventeen Ultimate Volume Gloss in Dainty Indigo Pansy Kiss
Seventeen Ultimate Volume Gloss in Very Berry- without lipliner but again, I prefer it with lip liner.
Seventeen Lip Liner in Claret with Seventeen Ultimate Volume Gloss in Very Berry
The red colour from the Sleek Siren 859 Lip Palette. Glossy and very attention grabbing and a bit orange. I think I either need bright orange, or a blue-red. Orange-red is … interesting!
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner in 10 Red Rush with Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in 715 Ruby Tuesday. I like this as it has some kind of metallic element to it. It is my favourite shade.
MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry with Bourjois Effet 3D Gloss in 18 Transparent.
MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry with MAC matte lipstick in Ruby Woo. A new red to add to my collection although I’m not really a matte person. This is very matte!
I did try MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry with MAC Matte lipstick in Ruby Woo and with Bourjois Effet 3D Gloss in 18 Transparent but I got into a huge mess!
On my face I’m wearing:
- YSL La Teint Touche Eclat foundation in 107 Beige
- Bobbi Brown creamy concealer in Golden
- Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation SPF12 in Golden 6
- Sleek Face Contour Kit in Medium 885
- HD Brows Foxy palette – Warm Brown in the crease of my eyes for depth, Dark Brown to define my eyes and Nude to highlight under my brows.
- Kiko Make Up Milano Infinity eyeshadow in 204 from upper lashline to brows as a base.
- MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner in Blacktrack
- Benefit They’re Real mascara – two coats on top and bottom lashes.
- Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl in Superblack
What did I wear for New Year’s Eve? I’ll post that soon!
The Seventeen and No7 products are not available however you can still get the MAC, Sleek and Max Factor colours.
Which red is your favourite?
- Bold Bold Lips (lizziehelenjoy.wordpress.com)
- Festive lips (sarahmorrisseymakeup.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Catwalk Orange and Metal (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Dramatic Glamour (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Collection: Simply Christmas (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Collection: Sultry Siren Santa (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Ways To Make Your Lipstick Last Longer (firstinstinctmagazine.com)
- Five Festive Reds (thingsandteni.wordpress.com)