This look is inspired by Stylist Magazine‘s Trend on Trial Molten Smoky Eye. It is the third attempt. I discovered that the glitter just ruins everything so here is the look using eyeshadow only!
First I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo in Everlasting Navy cream-gel eyeshadow to my eyelids up to the crease line using my Models Own shading brush. I then applied the plain blue eyeshadow from my Lancôme Palette Liberte 01 Indigo Royaute eyeshadow palette, almost the same shade as the Color Tattoo over the same area, using my No7 eyeshadow brush.
Using the enclosed sponge applicator, I dabbed on L’Oreal Color Appeal eyeshadow in 151 Pure Gold to my eyelids, from the inner corner of my eye over most of the eyelid and crease, leaving a little at the ends. The gold was most intense in the inner corner and graduated out.
I then dabbed the metallic orange colour from Sleek Curacao 656 eyeshadow palette on the inner corner of my eyelids using my No7 eyeshadow brush.
My face and eyebrows are the same as the Molten Smoky Eyes looks but this time I used Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Flared mascara in Very Black.
I finished the look with Lancôme’s Juicy Tube in Cerise 15, the orange colour.
I finally got there. So disappointed that the glitter is make-up destroyer! I wanted to use it to give a 3D effect. Looks like high street/pharmacy products don’t work for 3D make-up effects. I tried!
Unfortunately the following is no longer available:
- Lancôme Palette Liberte 01 Indigo Royaute eyeshadow palette – this was a limited edition palette from ages ago, I’m breaking beauty rules by keeping it but it is so beautiful and apparently it has real gold in it!
- Sleek eyeshadow palette in curacao as it was limited edition.
- Quick Shimmery Smoky Eye (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Mahogany Green Eyes (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Fruit Salad (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Purple and Green Party Eyes (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Molten Smoky Eyes (tashasface.wordpress.com)