I received the Bella Pierre Cosmetics Dual Brush in my October Glowwbox. I will always give new tools a try, and I never seem to throw them away unless they are complete rubbish. You never know when you might need a particular brush!
The fact that this is dual purpose is interesting. It has to be stored flat or one of the brushes will get ruined.
One end is a precision brush which does the job quite well. I was able to draw a very thin and precise line due to the fact that the brush is almost perfectly flat. This also makes it easy to control. The downside is that it is quite wide, almost wider than the widest part of my eyebrow so I had to really focus on not ending up with huge brows.
The other end is a lip brush. I found that the bristles were not that good in picking up the colour although I have to admit, I did use one of my more troublesome lipsticks. I just don’t think the bristles are absorbent enough to be a lip brush for lipstick. Also, the shape made it difficult to be precise which is what I want when applying a lip colour with a brush. It just took far too long to colour my lips. I ended up with stained lips rather than bold colour.
As I was writing this review I quickly tried to apply lipgloss with it, as it can also be used for lipgloss. Again, it did not pick up much gloss. It gave me a thin layer of gloss, enough for a subtle shine which is fine for me, as if I want more gloss, I can just use the gloss applicator.
Unfortunately, as I was writing this one of the brushes came off! Such a shame because I do like the brush even though it is not what I was expecting.
Having said that, I can and will call on it for many uses, especially the precision liner. I also now have a brush that can apply a nice stain to my lips, and a delicate amount of gloss for when I want a subtle shine, which is something I did not have before. This one is a keeper!
October Glowwbox face kit:
- Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation SPF12 Honey 5
- Revlon Colourstay Concealer in 05 Medium Deep
- Bella Pierre Cosmetics Dual Brush
- Bencos Natural Kajal in Black
- Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara in Black
- Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick in Make an Entrance
- My First Beauty Box- GlowwBox – October (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Glowwbox Review: Lavera Wild Rose and Macadamia Nut 24 Hour Hydrating Face Cream (skinbytashasface.wordpress.com)
- November Spree (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Your Guide to Makeup Brushes (hairloomssalon.wordpress.com)
- Bella Pierre versatile Make-up Kit (beautyandfashiondubai.wordpress.com)