This was inspired by Elaine’s amazing look in Sky Living‘s The Face, episode 6. I don’t have Elaine’s stunning eyes but I gave it a go anyway!
For this look, my base and face products were the same as the Luxury Brand Glow look.
This look is all about the eyes – the wing should not be flicked – it should be perfectly straight which is easier said than done!
I began my eyes by tracing the shape I wanted with my Ruby & Millie Eye brush (firm bristled flat liner) and Ruby & Millie travel sized Eye brush (soft bristled angled brush) and the matte black colour from the Sleek Chaos 577 eyeshadow palette. When I was happy with the shape, using a wet MAC brush 239, I filled in the shape with the same eyeshadow. I also applied some under my lower lashline using the same brush. To highlight the corners of my eyes, I applied a little medium grey shimmery eyeshadow from the No7 Limited Edition Smokey Eye Palette (no longer available) using MAC brush 219. I finished with two coats of Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express Flared mascara in Very Black to my upper lashes and one coat to my lower lashes and Lancome Le Crayon Khôl in 01 Noir on my lower waterline.
This look required natural lips so I filled in my lips using Bobbi Brown lip liner in Rich Cocoa and applied Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Hot Cocoa straight from the tube. I blotted my lips then applied another layer. I finished my lips by applying Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Nude 08.
List of other products used:
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach on my forehead and chin
MAC Prep+Prime on my nose
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to get rid of shine on my nose
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Bisque under my eyes and on my eyelids
Two layers of Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation in B70 all over my face
Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation in Honey 5.5 on my eyelids
Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Mahogany 10 on my eyebrows
Sleek Contour Kit in Medium in the hollows of my cheeks, sides of my forehead, sides of my chin and the sides of my nose
Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze across the apples of my cheeks, temples and down the middle of my face – forehead, bridge of my nose and chin
Unfortunately the following are no longer available:
- Anything by Ruby & Millie – the whole line has been discontinued.
- Bobbi Brown lip liner in Rich Cocoa.
- Bobbi Brown lipstick in Hot Cocoa 57 -nightmare – this is my perfect shade!
- Sleek eyeshadow palette in Chaos 577, however, many other Sleek eyeshadow palettes contain a matt black colour.
- No7 Smoky Eye Palette – this was limited edition but loads of brands do shimmery blacks, greys and browns!
- Inspired: Luxury Brand Glow (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Dramatic Glamour (tashasface.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Dark Romance (tashasface.wordpress.com)